Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ideas and Inspirations

If you're anything like me, you get a creative idea and draw it out with little notes ... like colors, what paper/prints you want to use and embellishment ideas.  Currently, I use a standard 8.5"x 11" size notebook with divided pages - the top is blank for drawing out your image and the bottom is lined for jotting down your ideas.  I'm not sure where I picked it up, but I've been using it ever since and love it!  I thought I'd make something for all my creative friends using the same principle.  I wanted it to be a bit more compact so that you could carry it with you...you just never know when inspiration will hit.
Inside front cover
I started with two 6" x 6" chipboard covers.  On the inside cover I attached a handmade pocket and added an envelope handmade from a vintage book page for any loose papers.  Just a little extra storage. 
There are 25 double-sided pages inside.  One side is lined for jotting down your ideas like color combinations and product information.  The reverse side is graphed for drawing out your idea.  The paper I used is recycled from an old tablet that I cut apart and trimmed down to size.
Inside back cover
I left the inside back cover void of any 3-dimensional embellishing so that it would be smooth for writing, and I used "o" rings to hold it all together so that you could add to it at anytime.
I like it and am planning on making myself one!  It's listed for sale in my Etsy shop.

Materials used:  chipboard, SEI paper, Ki Memories paper, My Minds Eye paper, DCWV paper, vintage dictionary page, OTC chipboard alpha, Tsukinek pigment ink in Malted Mauve, embossing powder and ink, 7 Gypsies measuring tape trim, vintage button, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen, vintage lace, vintage printed image, recycled paper, seam binding, Smead labels, handmade crepe paper roses, vintage book page envelope and hand cut frame.

Thank you again for spending some time with me, and I hope you're having a great weekend.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!