Tuesday, January 17, 2012

...Red or Pink and Vintage Shabby Love...

Red and pink are the colors usually associated with Valentine's Day, and their literal meanings may surprise you...
Pinterest
RED is a strong color that conjures up a range of seemingly conflicting emotions from desire to violence.  Red can even have physical effects such as increasing blood pressure and respiration rate.
Pinterest
 Red represents power, danger, lust and passion.
Pinterest
It also looks good on a cupcake!
Pinterest

Pinterest
PINK is the sweet side of red.  Certain studies show that pink can actually create physical weakness in some people.
Pinterest
Pink represents baby girls, romance, playfulness and tenderness.
Pinterest
It ALSO looks good on a cupcake!
Pinterest
Personally, I love both colors.  I wear them frequently, and probably gravitate towards one or the other based on my mood at the time (though I wasn't aware of it).  I also use both red and pink (and variations of each) frequently in my creations for Valentine's Day, but this year I tried to convey the feelings and meaning of love by using other colors.

Vintage Shabby Gift Tags
These were created from everyday standard shipping tags mod podged with a vintage dress pattern and then sprayed with ART glitter mist in copper.  Bo Bunny paper (Gabrielle Collection) for the heart and added embellishments: Prima rose, twine, vintage lace and button, cheesecloth, SEI metal tag, Prima pearls/rhinestones, Tim Holtz Distressing ink in Tea Dye and grosgrain ribbon.

I created four gift tags using the same process but in different colors/prints.  I decided to use two of the tags for cards.
Vintage Shabby 'I LOVE YOU' Card
Another piece of Bo Bunny paper for the background, a paper doily, a Prima pearl, a stamped sentiment by K&Company...and voila...two cards!
Vintage Shabby 'I LOVE YOU' Card 2
I think they turned out perfectly for Valentine's Day and no pink or red was used.
Each of these items can be found in my Etsy shop.

Be sure and join me later on this week for a peak at some more Valentine goodies.
I hope I've inspired you to create, and I thank you for stopping by!
M.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!