Tuesday, January 31, 2012

...January's Tag...

Here's January's Tag!!  I had a leftover mitten from my "Winter Mittens" banner, so I used it for this month's tag.  
Starting with a standard shipping tag, I painted it with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint in Picket Fence and then added a little spritz of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl.  I embellished the mitten with Melissa Frances paper, a piece of vintage doily, vintage buttons, crinkle seam binding and a couple glittered snowflakes from Oriental Trading Company.  The tag was handwritten and the pearl is Prima.
I went around the edges of the tag with some glitter glue and then a bit of jute twine, a mini clothes pin and some pearl buttons finish off the line.  Once it was all together, mica flakes were added for a snowy effect.
The tulle trim at the top was left after a Christmas project and fits nicely.
So this is tag #7 in my year of tags, and I love the way it turned out.  Definitely reminds me of January.
I hope I've inspired you to create!
Thanks for stopping by!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!