Monday, January 23, 2012

...Feeling Blue and Challenge 2 of 52...

If it wasn't for the pine trees, there would be no green!
The winter days are incredibly short and with the recent cold and dreary weather I've been feeling very tired and 'blue'.  I hate to even leave the house on most days, but with three very active girls, I don't really have much choice.  So, I find myself dreaming of spring with the birds returning from their far off southern places and the leaves and flowers bursting from their hiding spaces.  

I miss spending time outside basking in the warmth of the sun, listening to the birds sing their songs and smelling the glorious flowers in my garden.  In the meantime, I keep myself busy and focused inside with my wonderful paper obsession.

Paper Crafts Connection is looking for winter inspired projects for their January Gallery challenge and it just seemed to resonate with me, so I created this WINTER MITTENS banner for challenge #2 of 52.
I honestly felt a bit cheerier and found myself smiling when it was finished.  It reminds me of my girls and their mittens hanging to dry after spending time outside making snow angels and building forts.  
I used Bo Bunny's Gabrielle and Melissa Frances' 5th Avenue papers with some vintage lace for the mittens and embellished the first set with Making Memories mini crochet flowers, Prima pearls and mica flakes.  The star was hand cut from vintage paper and embossed, and the mini clothes pins were finished with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint and 3D glitter flower stickers by Making Memories.  
 The second set of mittens were embellished with Jenni Bowlin rhinestone buttons, crinkle seam binding, mica flakes and baker's twine.  It can be found in my Etsy shop if you're interested in adding it to your office for a bit of winter cheer. :)

Such a simple little project but it's effect on my spirit was enormous.
Thank you for taking the time to drop by!  I'll be sharing a little tussy mussy goodness in my next post, so please stop back by.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!