Sunday, August 3, 2014

Heart & Soul

It's been a busy week...
I created a couple of cards (listed for sale in my Etsy shop) based on the sketch over at Mojo Monday's.  I'm really loving this size...tall & skinny.  It's a lot smaller than the size I typically use for the cards designed for Reverie Creations, but I think it offers my customers a variety.  Same quality but smaller in scale; therefore, less cost.
I used quite a bit of my vintage stash for both cards.  This first one has vintage lace, and the flower is fashioned out of stained vintage atlas pages.  The center of the flower is a painted mini bell...left over from a holiday project.  
This is the first time I've used Prima's chalkboard cards.  I really love the feel they add to a project.  BTW the leaves of the flower were created using a paperclip.

I have to admit to loving this next card a lot.
The washi tape, crinkle seam binding and coloring are repeated, but I found this distressed metal piece in my stash and HAD to use it.  It's proportions worked perfectly on this tall & skinny size (3.5" x 5.5").
The 'heart & soul' metal sentiment tag is by Making Memories.
I typically leave the inside blank for personal messages, but because I used DCWV's Silky Smooth card stock in black I had to add a space for writing.  Both these cards fit into a standard envelope.

I was also asked to design and create a custom card by my very first customer on Fiverr.com (a site where you can enlist just about any thing - product or service - for $5.00).  I joined in hopes that it might generate some additional income during the slow summer months.
Her son is turning 4 and LOVES Superman.
Addressed and signed by Superman with a 'badge' for the birthday boy.
I hope it's a hit with Caleb.  I often wish I could see the reactions my creations give others since I put so much of myself into each one...my heart & soul.

Find some time for yourself today,
M.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!