Sunday, May 29, 2011

An ordinary toilet paper roll

"Don't toss that!"  My girls hear it all the time.  It's gotten to the point where they ask, "Can you use this?" before they throw anything away.  With that being said, I have an embarrassing pile of what would seem like paper trash in my studio.  Maybe it appeals to the little environmentalist that lives inside my head, but I see an everyday object as potential for art.  Besides, I'm cheap.  You can't beat the prices of a recycle bin!

So, here's a reinvented look of the misunderstood (and sadly neglected) toilet paper roll:


Add some corrugated cardboard (don't throw that away either!) and a little of this and that from your craft stash and you've got yourself antique spools.  Use them for your ribbon and lace...a cheap storage idea.

Check out these ordinary toilet paper rolls:

BoBunny butterflies

Pencil holders (Recycled Crafts)
Yule Log Favor Boxes (Martha Stewart)
Who would've thought?  So, take a long look at that toilet paper roll sitting on the back of your tank.  I'd love to see what you can do with it.

Have a great day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!