Monday, October 5, 2009

Christmas in October

I've been busy trying to get ready for the Christmas Fair that I agreed to do for the local School Boosters Club. Here are a few of the ornaments that I've finished so far.

I love these little cones. There is so much you can do with them, and they can be left as is or you could fill them with little goodies or even gift cards. I used October Afternoon paper and lots of vintage stash. I call these Victorian Cone Ornaments.

These cut little star/flower ornaments were so easy to make, but I have to admit to getting covered in glue. I used various nostalgic holiday papers from Oriental Trading Company and stash buttons. The ribbon is Martha Stewart. Again, great for the tree. I even did some in light blue and heat embossed some white chipboard snowflakes for embellishment. I was happy with the way they turned out and plan on doing some more.

Finally, I had some contact paper left over from lining my kitchen cabinets, and I thought they would make great little decorative cones. The paper design was herbs, so I took it just a little bit further and added vintage seed packet images and some little satin rose buds. I was happy with the end results. What do you think?

That's just a sampling of what I've accomplished thus far for the craft fair. It's so hard to find the time to keep up with everyday life with three girls and an ailing grandmother that my blog seems to be the one to suffer. I realize that I only have four followers, but I do feel an obligation to keep up and so I will do much better at it in the future.

Take care and have a wonderful day!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!