Monday, August 3, 2009

Not the ocean!

During our vacation, my sister and I took the kids (my three girls and her two boys) to the beach. The ocean isn't very far from where we live, but it's still way too cold for my taste, so we brought them to Range Pond. I'm not sure why they call it a pond because it's more like a HUGE lake with a nice sandy beach. Here are my darling daughters carrying up water for the sand castle they all decided to make.


My oldest, Molly, was in charge of the actual construction of the castle, so she sat on the towel while everyone else brought her the necessary water to make it all stick together. I'm still not sure why they didn't build it closer to the water, but to each his own.


Here is my nephew, Kade, doing his part for the sand castle. They never did finish it though. They got hot and lost interest. Such short attention spans *giggle*.


My youngest, Mackenzie, floating like a pro on her little pink innertube. She just graduated to putting her face in the water. Before, she would get all wet except for her head. I just adore her to pieces. They grow up way too fast!

This is my youngest nephew, Kolby. He's such a peach. He wasn't interested in building the sand castle, so he found some other children to swim with for most of the day. Usually he's playing by himself...he's quite the loner. Here he is ... well, I'm honestly not sure what he's doing, but I found it funny and took his picture.
I love making these sorts of memories. It was a great vacation, but it certainly didn't last long enough!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!