Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hello October!!

My sister's birthday.  My daughter's birthday.  My father's birthday.  It's also the start of holiday preparations for Reverie Creations...not to mention Halloween.  October is a busy month.

Every year, I put together little bags of goodies for my girls and my nephews on Halloween.  Just a little something to put in their pillow cases at the start of their trick or treating adventures.  The tradition started with my Mom who did it for my sister and I.    

For this year's goody bags/tags, I based my design on the Tall&Skinny sketch over at Mojo Monday.
I started with splattering a small paper lunch bag with black paint...simple.  The tag was created by painting Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper (Moths & Butterflies) black and then adding orange splatter.  Washi tape, a Petaloo daisy and a vintage button were added to round out the look. 
Tied up with raffia and stained muslin. 
Simple and perfectly Halloween-ish for the kids.
All that's left is to fill them with all their favorite treats!

These are also available for purchase at Reverie Creations.

Have a fantastic weekend!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!