Thursday, May 28, 2009

All in a day

I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend. My oldest daughter was in our small town parade marching with her Girl Scout troop. It was nice to see them honoring our service men and women at each memorial throughout the town. My own Great Grandfather, Grandfather and Great Uncle were each honored with plaques at one of the memorial walls. I've never been so proud. The speaker asked each and every one of us to personally thank anyone we knew who has served or is still serving our country. I turned to my husband (now a retired veteran) and hugged him. Those around him shook his hand and expressed their gratitude. It was humbling.

I was able to sit down and make my cousin a Grandmother's journal and a card for her birthday. She's Molly's Godmother, so we try to get her something every year. This year, I chose to make her gift...a little more special and sentimental. I think she'll love it.

I mostly used the Making Memories "Whimsy" collection along with the K&Company "Questions to Ask" card stock stickers for the inside. They have inspiring questions for getting you started on writing about your family history and what your childhood was like. I also left a lot of blank pages so that she can write about special occasions with Lydia. Once she's finished filling in the journal, she can pass it down to her Granddaughter, Lydia, as a keepsake.




For the card I used Jenni Bowlin and Making Memories paper. I downloaded a vintage picture of the "Fountain of Happiness" to top it off. It has a birthday message right on it. I love the color combination of red and light blue.

Well, I have to start on my Father's day gifts. I've decided to make my Dad a mini album of his Grandchildren. I'll be sure and post some pics when I'm finished.
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!