Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sweet Memories

I had THE most incredible weekend !! 
....and THIS is where it started!  On the beautiful Maine coast at 5:08am, folks!!  Honestly, it could have been in the middle of the darkest night and I wouldn't have been any place else.

Friday, July 4th at sunrise on Ogunquit beach, my Uncle Toby married the love of his life, David.
They asked me to officiate and I couldn't have been more honored or filled with love....
They deserve a lifetime of bliss surrounded by a world of profound joy and happiness.
Welcome to the family, Uncle David!!  

They presented me with a gorgeous pair of handcrafted earrings and a handwritten note that I'll always cherish.  In fact, I'm now going to wear them at every wedding I'm blessed enough to officiate.

The girls and I hung out with the Uncles for the day and enjoyed the ocean, great comfort food (BBQ chili dogs!), and lots of laughs.

On Saturday, I found time enough to create a couple of cards inspired by Mojo Monday's Tall & Skinny Sketch challenge.  
This first card is going to my nephew for his birthday.  He's such a loving boy and certainly priceless!
 I used a lot of 'stash' to include DCWV, Kaiser Craft, K&Co. and  Making Memories.  The buttons are vintage.

On the second card, I kept with my usual shabby style.  I used some vintage trim and an old stamp, embellishments by Kaiser Craft and My Mind's Eye as well as a hand cut, glittered heart.
 The paper is DCWV and Glitz Design - Pretty in Pink Roses.  I'll list this one in my Etsy shop for sale.  I think it would make a darling anniversary card.

I was happy with the way they turned out considering I didn't have much time to play.  It's always relaxing for me to be creative in my studio, and it gave me the burst of energy I needed to take the girls to the fireworks in Auburn on Saturday evening.  They had been postponed due to heavy rain and winds.  No matter how old I get, I'll always enjoy fireworks!

  Sunday afternoon the girls and I savored some good BBQ at my sister's home with her boys, my parents, Uncle Toby and David.  I just know I've gained 10 pounds these last few days, but it's been completely worth it!  The memories we've made will last forever.

I hope you found time for yourself and family this long holiday weekend.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!