Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Birthdays and Graduations

So, it's that time of the year....graduation time.
My girls are still too young (thank goodness), but I have a couple of cousins that are graduating from High School, so I made them each a card.

Katherine's card is inspired by the quote:  "Spread your wings and fly".  Appropriate given the circumstances, I think.
I created the center flower using muslin and rose trim.  In the center is a Making Memories fabric covered button.  The resin wing is Melissa Frances and fits perfectly.
I think she'll like it.

This next card is for Zack.  I have to admit that it took a little while to find an inspiring quote that fit graduation and lent itself to a masculine feel.  "Enjoy your time" was what I eventually settled on.
I printed off a vintage time piece and added layers and layers of embossing to the clock face (then cracked it) for dimension.  The stamps are vintage and the bingo card was printed off the Internet.
All in all, I think it came together nicely.

I've also been working on a few birthday cards.  My parents have a neighbor, Mary, who is turning 80 years young.  She's a wonderful woman who still paints and gardens.  She also has chickens and always keeps us well stocked with wonderful green eggs.  I created this card for her:
Just about everything is Prima.  You can never go wrong with Prima!

My cousin, Kerry, celebrated a birthday this past weekend as well.  She's a special person in my life as she's the Godmother to my oldest daughter, Molly.  This card was for her:
Another flower created with muslin and a vintage button.  
I really love the shabby layers and the Prima glittered leaf.

And since I was feeling guilty about not creating anything for my Etsy shop...
I absolutely fell in love with this vintage birds image and thought it worked well with the sentiment from Melissa Frances:  "Celebrate.  Today we celebrate you."

I also created a tea time 'friendship' card...
Either of these cards will be listed in Reverie Creations on Etsy along with a few other little surprises, so be sure to stop on by and take a peak!

Have a wonderful day, my friends.
M.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!