Friday, October 7, 2011

..."Well, hello Autumn"...

My favorite time of the year. 
 Cool, crisp morning air...wrapped up tight in my favorite sweater.
Smudges of yellow, orange and red like paint on a canvas pass beneath my feet.
The sun bounces between the nearly bare branches and warms my face.
Thoughts of hot apple cider quicken my stride.
Soft whisps of chimney smoke welcome me back home.
What's not to love, right?

In the spirit of Autumn, and for a card contest at Practical Scrappers where I made the second round (whoohoo!), I created this card:
We were asked to use twine on our Autumn themed cards.
The pumpkin was created by drawing it out onto plain paper and cutting into pieces, tracing the pieces onto my desired patterned paper, cutting the pieces apart and reassembling them in order to simulate a stenciled look.  A little Tim Holtz Distressing Ink smudged here and there gives the pumpkin some depth and adds to the vintage feel.  The stamps are from Pink Paislee and the paper from My Mind's Eye and Lily Bee.  I think my favorite element is the natural ribbon.  I honestly can't remember where I purchased it, but this was the last of my stash, so I'm on the look out for some more.
Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you'll visit Practical Scrappers to check out all the talent hanging out over there or to participate in a challenge.  If you see my card, leave some love.  The more votes I get the closer I am to winning the contest.

Have a wonderful weekend!

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!