Friday, September 12, 2014

Let It Snow!?! Trash or Stash?

I.am.shivering. It is 68 degrees. 
My teeth are chattering...AND I'm in a complete outfit (+/-).  It's September.  I was born in Maine so to be wearing only two items of clothing while working (in my second story studio/office/laundry room/sweat box - I felt I should explain) wouldn't be a stretch for this time of year.  Yet, I just counted eight articles of clothing on my body at this very second.  
I'm going to have myself another brownie, and this time it's going to be the biggest one.  It's time to start on the winter chub. ;)

So it would stand to reason with all these clothes on that I'd be thinking of winter....and snow.


I don't want it to snow.  I promise.  Snow is evil  cold  pretty - for all of 5 seconds and then sand and salt get involved.
I dislike snow, and based on precedents alone it should be, at the very least, grey in color. ;)
*I promise there is a point*


I love this image.  I love everything about it...the colors, the story it tells me, and...how cute is that face?!  I used it for a project I was doing last Christmas, so I printed off two sheets in varying sizes.  The first run came out with the snow looking...dirty.  Personally, I loved the distressed tones but it didn't work for the project I was working on at the time.  I needed white... the "pretty" snow all the out-of-Staters refer to.

Now I have a printed sheet of 'ugly ducklings'...do I trash or stash?
*insert cricket noises here*

"Hi.  My name is Mandee and I'm a paper hoarder...."
I stashed them, of course!  From *ahem* 'ugly ducking' to ...


"Let It Snow"
Inspiration: shivering, a *dislike* of snow, an entire outfit in September!, some one's weakness for paper
Design:  based on Mojo Monday's sketch challenge #362.





I also designed a gift tag set using the smaller version of the 'ugly duckling' along with other little gems from my 'stashes'.



The magic of winter (for longer than 5 seconds) because I refused to trash it couldn't help myself .

Stop by Reverie Creations at Etsy for these new designs.  Get a start on ... snow?
....and while you're up can you get me a blanket?

Have a fantastic weekend,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please stop back again soon!